We all know that creating a website, especially e-commerce stores is not easy to do. But with the help of some of the best CMS tools like WordPress & Shopify, it has become much easier and affordable to build an online store.
Although it’s easier to create a Shopify store, however it does take some special ingredients to get sales out of it.
In this blog post, I have shared 5 such tips that you or your website developer can implement in order to improve your online sales.
Let’s get started.
#1 Compress images to improve loading speed
Improving the loading speed of your Shopify store will help you to not only enhance the user-experience, but it will also make it possible for your website to secure higher positions on search engines.
Below are some of the ways to enhance the loading speed of your e-commerce store:
- Define a certain size for the products on your website.
- Remove the useless widget or application from your store.
#2 Workout on product images & description
Most of the e-commerce entrepreneurs make a mistake of ignoring the power of optimized description and images.
The description of each product must be as less as covering essential points only but at the same time it must be as much as explaining the benefits of your products.
Therefore, writing a perfect piece of description for each product is a challenge as well as a strategy. If your budget allows, you can also hire a professional content writer to do this job for you.
Here are few tips to write product description that sell:
- Focus on the product benefits.
- Use easy-to-understand language.
- The product description must be easy to scan.
- The description must be optimized for search engines as well.
- Use power words like amazing, wonderful, miracle, eye-opening etc.
- Use a sense of urgency like offer valid till the stock lasts.
#3 Make your Shopify store secure
Security of a Shopify store is as important as its existence. Therefore, you must take all the important steps to secure your website.
Another thing I would like to share with you is that lack of security on your e-commerce website can be one of the biggest reasons of high order abandonment rate on your website.
Here are some of the ways to win the trust of your potential buyers:
- Showing security certificates.
- Displaying trust seals and other endorsements.
- Running the whole website, especially the checkout & payment process on SSL.
#4 Show a product carousel
Showcasing your best selling or fresh arrivals with carousel effect will help you grab more sales on your Shopify store.
There are many such applications available for your website developer to integrate with your Shopify store.
Here are some tips to use products carousel more effectively:
- Use it above the page fold.
- Showcase only best products.
- Mention the offer with every product box inside the carousel.
#5 Make checkout easier
The checkout process of any Shopify store directly affects its sales. The easier & convenient checkout process, the more sales you can expect from your e-commerce website.
In order to make the checkout process of your Shopify website easier, you can simply follow 2 rules:
- Make sure that your Shopify store does have an option to checkout as a guest.
- Make sure that the registration or signup for of your website is short and sweet.